Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ceramic coated dutch oven

Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wife has a ceramic coated dutch oven and I want to make some chili on the BGE. Do you think there will be permanent damage using it? I suppose I could use the plate setter for indirect to save the outside?
XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• misumisu Posts: 213
    I use my wife's all the time, it will get a little darker but it's fine
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    It will clean up. 
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,834
    Nope, I use mine all the time. 
    If you don't want grill marks on the bottom use either a small pizza stone, or a clean grill.  Also apply a very light film of non scented (think ivory) dish washing soap to the outside of the pot...makes smoke marks on the outside and easy clean off.     
    BTW if this is a well used Le Crueset stand it proud of the place setter or pizza stones (small cooling rack) so nothing burns/sticks to the bottom.
    Large, small and mini now in Rowlett Tx
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Good to know. Thanks everyone :)
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93