Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I think I made a boo boo.

BadongBadong Posts: 125
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Smoking my first brisket. 

I have done two pork butts that turned out well.  On both of those I placed the butt on a raised grate with the drip pan on the lower grate and the lower grate sitting on the place setter, legs up (see pic).

The brisket I bought was too large to sit on the raised grill so at the last minute I decided to put the drip pan directly on the place setter and then put the brisket on the grate above it.  I went to crutch the brisket at 155º and it had almost no bark and was wet all over.

Am I correct in thinking that placing the drip pan directly on the place setter caused the liquid to evaporate too quickly and therefore steam the brisket?
2012-05-12 16.29.17.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments