Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

I think I made a boo boo.

BadongBadong Posts: 125
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Smoking my first brisket. 

I have done two pork butts that turned out well.  On both of those I placed the butt on a raised grate with the drip pan on the lower grate and the lower grate sitting on the place setter, legs up (see pic).

The brisket I bought was too large to sit on the raised grill so at the last minute I decided to put the drip pan directly on the place setter and then put the brisket on the grate above it.  I went to crutch the brisket at 155º and it had almost no bark and was wet all over.

Am I correct in thinking that placing the drip pan directly on the place setter caused the liquid to evaporate too quickly and therefore steam the brisket?
2012-05-12 16.29.17.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments