Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic-Basil Rub

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I may never finish my cookbook if I keep finding these delicious recipies and wanting to add them to the content...Tonight I guess you can say we were “inspired” by a recipe we found in a magazine that you can find on the PorkBeInspired website. Pork cooks so well on the Big Green Egg I don’t know why we don’t do this more often. This recipe was prepared in conjunction with our Mayo Potatoes pictured in the plating and the results were amazing!

Ingredients
4 – 1 ¼” Fresh Pork Chops (bone-in)
Minced Garlic (fresh cloves 3-4)
1 Cup Fresh Basil, minced
2 Tbls. Lemon Juice
2 Tbls. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Coarse Sea Salt

Directions

1. Prepare a wet rub with all of the ingredients above in a food processor or in our case a manual chopper…regardless the goal is a wet rub.
2. Spread both sides of the pork chops, cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours and as long as overnight if necessary.
3. Fire up the BGE to full T-Rex with grid extended 2 inches.
4. Sear and flip, sear and Flip. Close lid and simmer for 3-4 minutes, raise lid, check temp and flip one last time and close lid. Remove as close to 145 as possible and let rest for 5 minutes or remove at 150 degrees and serve immediately
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments