Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The iGrill - To Be Honest I .........

noarmysargentnoarmysargent Posts: 61
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
  As much as I like technology, I was determined not to use on my BGE.  Changed my mind and bought the iGrill. My only regret....I should have bought it sooner!
·

Comments

• xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    yea, other than the range, I love my igrill
    ·
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    I was wondering when someone would mention this. Price is right. Now I will have to look at them more seriously.
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    There have been a few posts on the iGrill.  People either love it or hate it.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    This Forum is making me spend all my unemployment checks. Guess the Wife has to work some more overtime.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • killbornkillborn Posts: 37
    Igrill is on a deal on groupon.. I have mine coming!
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I just saw it. $59 shipped is tempting.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567
    What is the advantage of the iGrill over the Maverick?
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254

It makes you look cooler using it :)
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 260
    do you have a link to it?
    ·
  • www.igrillinc.com/
    ·
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394

It makes you look cooler using it :)
    It has an 'i' in the name...that's all.

·
    advantages to igrill over mavericks? simple it has an interface for droids and iPhones. Set's multiple alarms, has preset set points for doneness of beef pork and chicken. Graphs your entire cook(as long as the iPhone is kept in range) For me, owning 3 mavericks that have all sh*t out on me, it was a no brainer(and a christmas gift from the lady)
    ·
    plus, I don't have the new ones, but as long as there's no line of sight issues, i believe the igrill has a better range, I can't vouch for the newer ones, but I know it's definitely better the the et-72
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    There is no app for Droid at this time.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567

Ok, thanks.  I will consider if they have a DROID version before I get a Maverick.

I guess it is simple, really.  Would you rather have an apple or an ice cream sandwich with what you grill?

·
  • zosobao5150zosobao5150 Posts: 114
    hmmm...mixed reviews on Amazon.  This or Maverick? 
    XL BGE
    ·
  • zosobao5150zosobao5150 Posts: 114
    Just ordered an igrill....what the heck
    XL BGE
    ·
  • MDHogMDHog Posts: 41
    Don't have either, but if you read amazon basically all of the thermometers get poor reviews for durability. There are many reviews for each which point out the lack of durability for the probes. 
    ·
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    Looks like android app was supposed to be out this June on their twitter feed. That being said regardless of which thermometer I would pay attention to probe heat ratings. I will only use them on low and slows and cross my fingers.
    ·