Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot tub method

Options
2»

Comments

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    but it is not what sous vide was "about".  that's i guess what i'm saying (and i think what you're saying).

if dipping something in a bag into hot water briefly is sous vide, than a lipton tea bag in boiling water constitutes sous vide.

you can go get a bag of groceries in a formula one car... but it is designed and intended for extremes.  i can't imagine buying one of those things and never doing anything but a 20 minutes steak bath.  kinda missing the point of the whole thing

"Thank you ma'am, I will have the Sous Vide Tea with my cake."
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    Jerryp, you just got a real education. Hot tub works great, it is not sous vide but if you want to try it on a good rib eye go ahead. I hot tubed 6 rib eyes last night. Put them in zip locks and put them in the sink with hot water straight out of the tap. Every 10 minutes I added new hot water. After about 30 minutes I seared them for about 1 minute per side and tented them while I got the temp back to 400. It only took about a minute more roasting and they were a perfect med rare. Do it, you will like it.