Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Learned something about Tri-Tip tonight

Options
reh111
reh111 Posts: 196
edited June 2012 in Beef
My last Tri-Tip was extremely disappointing - I posted about it - how it was tough and not very good.  Got a lot of good advice in response.  So, yesterday I bought another two pack at Sams - put them in a plastic bag and poured a bunch of stuff in it as a marinade - Italian dressing, Woreschister (sp? Lea & Perrins ;-)), Montreal Steak rub, garlic powder & some cut up garlic cloves - left them in the refrigerator for about 24 hours - froze one of them and cooked the other - raised grid at 250 until 130 (about 30 minutes), seared for a couple of minutes on each side after the fire got hot, sliced across the grain (didn't do that before) ------- it was fantastic - much more tender and flavorful - going to do it many times in the future - thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Comments