Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie Egg Owner

Options
tvest43
tvest43 Posts: 20
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Howdy guys and gals, a little over a week into being an Egghead.  Sure I'm gonna need ya'll's help at some point......

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options

As has been said before-ask away and you will get plenty of help, opinions and more.  And if we don't know the answer we will come up with something and make it sound "all good".  Below is a link that is a wealth of info-for anyone with a ceramic cooker.  Use it as a good first reference and you wil be well on your way.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm 

This is a journey, enjoy and welcome:)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tvest43
    Options

Thanks, bud.  Been a Weber owner for years, took the plunge on this thing this time - what I wanted before I got the Weber......Loving it so far, smoking a butt as I type this.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    You will only wonder "why did I wait so long"-and I came over from the Weber and water gasser side after too many years as well.  I am most impressed with the painless low&slow cooks-I invest all my time and effort on the front-end, with food and fire prep etc, but once the lump is going this thing runs almost on cruise control-and that's without the electronic controllers. Not to mention the finished product-you can pretend to be extremely busy watching the Q over the course of the day...and that alone is invaluable.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tvest43
    Options
    LMAO........yep, gotta keep checking that temp......don't think it's moved since I got it where I want it.  But she don't have to know that......lol
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Welcome to the family :D
    Large, small, and a mini