Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You "Nibble Me This"

Options
Ottawa_Eggman
Ottawa_Eggman Posts: 111
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I was looking for something different to do with some nice 1" think pork chops and found NMT's Bourbon and Cherry Grilled pork chops

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/05/bourbon-and-cherry-grilled-pork-chops.html

All I can say is WOW! Served with some grilled Parmesan asparagus and salad
imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    That looks amazing.  I wish my gasket looked that good too!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Options
    Just put that recipe in my "to do" list!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    +1

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great looking meal. Chris sure does know what he's doing. I always find something I want to cook on his blog. So many cooks, so little time.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    @Ottawa_Eggman, NICE JOB!

Did you keep the chops in the basting pan or did you shuttle them back and forth to the grill?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    That looks good.  Is that a homemade basket?  Sur la Table has a basket that really interests me, two can be locked to create a closed container,  so I could shake and flip my veggies instead of stirring them, but darn it, it has a fixed handle.  A closed basket that I had to don gloves for to flip would work.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    That looks amazing.  I wish my gasket looked that good too!!!!
    Gasket, what's a gasket?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ottawa_Eggman
    Ottawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @Ottawa_Eggman, NICE JOB!

Did you keep the chops in the basting pan or did you shuttle them back and forth to the grill?
    Did the shuttle method
      Is that a homemade basket? 
    It's a Pampered Chef basket. I have had it for a couple of years and real like it great for veggies
    Great looking meal. Chris sure does know what he's doing. I always find something I want to cook on his blog. So many cooks, so little time.
    Yes he does. I have also do his Apple Sage pork chops which use the same method and they were very good also. The only thing I did different in both cases I used apple smoke

As for the gasket not bad I'm 2 months in and so far so good I have done a few cooks in the 600 to 650 range to sear and even clocked the dome thermo around to 250 once, I got distracted and forgot about the egg lol
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    That looks good.  Is that a homemade basket?  Sur la Table has a basket that really interests me, two can be locked to create a closed container,  so I could shake and flip my veggies instead of stirring them, but darn it, it has a fixed handle.  A closed basket that I had to don gloves for to flip would work.

Doc - I bought a basket like the one you are looking for at Kohl's. It is stainless steel with a closeable.removeable lid and a removeable stainless handle so you can close the grill. It's under the Bobby Flay line and if I remember correctly it cost $50.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    OK,

I made this tonight and it is definitely a keeper. The wife loved it. Our side dish was a butternut squash risotto with a little grated parm and butter mixed in. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

Doc - I bought a basket like the one you are looking for at Kohl's. It is stainless steel with a closeable.removeable lid and a removeable stainless handle so you can close the grill. It's under the Bobby Flay line and if I remember correctly it cost $50.
    Thanks.