Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Rain

brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'll admit I'm still new at egging but with the recent weather patterns in the south I've been reluctant to get out there while the downpours continue. Do any of you have rigs or setups that help deal with precipitation?
Umbrella attachments?
Marietta, East Cobb, GA
·

Comments

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    Absolutely umbrella. I cant let rain stop me.
    2012-03-25_10-20-25_262.jpg
    3264 x 1840 - 997K
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • I'll admit I'm still new at egging but with the recent weather patterns in the south I've been reluctant to get out there while the downpours continue. Do any of you have rigs or setups that help deal with precipitation?
    Umbrella attachments?
    are you talking about for you, or for the Egg? 

Some folks have their Eggs under a roof, some have umbrellas (like Taz), some fashion little "rain caps" from a sheet-metal dryer vent that you can pick up from Home Depot / Lowes, some use nothing @ all. 

FWIW, the Egg can take inclement weather better than you can :P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    I don't melt. I was looking for suggestions for keeping the egg and food dry :)>-
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • I don't melt. I was looking for suggestions for keeping the egg and food dry :)>-
    heheeh... well, if that's the case, then here's a couple EGG-samples of that homemade / hacked rain cap thingy I was talking about: 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/897684/rain-cap

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/487373/rain-cap-and-temp-control

HTH,
    Rob
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·
    Thanks Rob. I see a trip to the hardware store in my future. L-)
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·