Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pork Shoulder Success = Good bday for my kids.

BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,644
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had purchased a cryovac of 2 boneless pork shoulders from my local Costco.  One of the shoulders weighed in at 8.5lbs and the other at 6.5lbs.  I put the big boy on at 6:30pm and waited 2.5 hours and put the small on at about 9pm.  I took each off about 11:30 and placed them in tin foil then wrapped in towels and put them in a cooler.  They stayed plenty warm until 2pm when I started pulling them.  The rub I used was a basic spice rub of garlic powder, kosher salt, cumin, and chili powder since the pork was used in tacos.  I served the pork with cilantro, onions, salsa, guac, sour cream, etc.  It was a great hit!

I tended the fire to ensure it was the right temperature a few times during the night, but mostly I checked when one of my kids woke up etc.  I am hoping for my bday in august I get a temp controller, lol.

Everyone at the party loved it and I can totally see why Green Eggs sell themselves; 3-4 people at the party asked me where to get one.  If I was a local dealer I would definitely be doing demonstration cooks.
001.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
IMAG0539.jpg
1552 x 2592 - 523K

Comments