Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Shoulder Success = Good bday for my kids.

BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,529
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had purchased a cryovac of 2 boneless pork shoulders from my local Costco.  One of the shoulders weighed in at 8.5lbs and the other at 6.5lbs.  I put the big boy on at 6:30pm and waited 2.5 hours and put the small on at about 9pm.  I took each off about 11:30 and placed them in tin foil then wrapped in towels and put them in a cooler.  They stayed plenty warm until 2pm when I started pulling them.  The rub I used was a basic spice rub of garlic powder, kosher salt, cumin, and chili powder since the pork was used in tacos.  I served the pork with cilantro, onions, salsa, guac, sour cream, etc.  It was a great hit!

I tended the fire to ensure it was the right temperature a few times during the night, but mostly I checked when one of my kids woke up etc.  I am hoping for my bday in august I get a temp controller, lol.

Everyone at the party loved it and I can totally see why Green Eggs sell themselves; 3-4 people at the party asked me where to get one.  If I was a local dealer I would definitely be doing demonstration cooks.
001.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 3M
IMAG0539.jpg
1552 x 2592 - 523K

Comments