Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pancetta Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Thighs (7 pics)

NecessaryIndulg
NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Last night I experimented with a different stuffing -- I used gouda, prosciutto, and red onion... wrapped them in pancetta and then drizzled with honey.

I got the idea after I made these appetizers for a party:

Honey Prosciutto Flatbread

The chicken was good but not as good as the ones I made with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Stuffed Chicken Thighs
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    It all looks yummy, Kristi, and beautiful photography, but I need your explanation for Dummies.  The first picture looks like your appetizers (I think I see crackers)?  Do they have chicken in them?  Then, the rest is the chicken and stuffing wrapped in the pancetta?

Again, looks yummy !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You are correct, just not up to standards. Please package all and mail to my home address ASAP.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NecessaryIndulg
    It all looks yummy, Kristi, and beautiful photography, but I need your explanation for Dummies.  The first picture looks like your appetizers (I think I see crackers)?  Do they have chicken in them?  Then, the rest is the chicken and stuffing wrapped in the pancetta?

Again, looks yummy !!!
    Yes -- sorry for the confusion.  I just added the pic of the appetizer to show you how I came up with that crazy stuffing concoction. :)
    The appetizer is a flatbread cracker with the stuffing ingredients (no chicken) and then drizzled with honey.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Got it !  Thanks, Kristi.  I like the idea of drizzling with honey.  I'm going to do a chicken tomorrow with a sweet orange sauce.  If you see me posting it, it came out good.  If not ...... never mind.   @-)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    @ Kristi. I think it looks fabulous.  You come up with some great ideas.  I may try both of your stuffed chicken thigh recipe's this weekend. 
  • NecessaryIndulg
    @ Kristi. I think it looks fabulous.  You come up with some great ideas.  I may try both of your stuffed chicken thigh recipe's this weekend. 
    Thank you!!  The sun-dried and goat cheese was by far the best one.  A lot better flavor combo, I think.  :)
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    These look great! I think I'll try your sun dried tomato and goat cheese ones since I have left over tomatoes from last weekends pizza party.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • They look awesome and was thinking of trying gouda. Very nice!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @NecessaryIndulg - I'm not sure I believe you that the goat cheese and sun dried tomato ones were better. I think you are going to have to come on over here to Texas and cook both versions for me so I can taste them to see which one is better. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NecessaryIndulg
    edited September 2012
    I promise, @Griffin... the goat cheese & sun dried tomato was WAY better... Prettier, too!
      Bacon wrapped chicken thighs 

But I am always up for a trip to Texas! 

My next experiment will be with a Taboule & Feta mixture. Thoughts? 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Taboule and Feta are excellent together. Good taboule is as good as it gets.

Watch that the feta doesn't overpower all the great Taboule flavors.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You asking me? I don't think I've ever had Taboule before.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings