Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Simple BBQ chicken Dinner with Budweiser BBQ sauce.

tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,852
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
At the super market earlier, the mini-me spot Budweiser Honey BBQ sauce, and wants to use it (It's grandpa's favorite brand....Meh). I wasn't expecting much on the sauce, but he was good all morning, so.... 
So picked up corn, squash, and chicken legs,and thighs, and the sauce. After reading about a slow chicken cook, I decided to give it a try. The grate was very raised. Plate-setter, grate with drip tray, & bricks (I need skinnier bricks), and another grate. 
First I seasoned the chicken with Old Bay, and let grill. Temp was about 250 at the upper grate most of the cook. Turned it up toward the end, but not over 300 in order to keep from burning the sugar in the  sauce from burning. I will say I was pleasantly surprised. The sauce has a nice vinegar, and spice content but was pretty thin. Also it was a little too strong for the rest of the family, dso I added Honey, and Molasses. That and the cook made it thicken up nice. :)

The squash was standard, salt pepper & evoo, but I removed the raised grids, and put it on the fire ring, and raised the temp. 
The corn, just salt, pepper, butter.   
One thing not show, the Mrs made some fried plantains. Those guys hit the spot. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

Comments