Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

It's a biggun

paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking for a friends wedding reception for Friday night. 110people. Just under 80lbs of pork shoulder. Will have some pics tomorrow.
Cooked for 70 last Saturday for a rehersal dinner. Needless to say, the last two weekends have been awesome

Also I'm officiating the wedding on Friday. For southern translators for all the other folks.

Paul Go there. I write it.

• paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
    Pulled two butts and a picnic this morn. They went nine hrs. Reloaded the EGG for a 22lb shoulder, 17lb shoulder and 8lb picnic. Should take app 16-18 hrs to finish the cook. If that holds true. The egg will have been continuously lit for 26-28 hrs.

Picnic and a butt.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

New lump and some pecan
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Paul Go there. I write it.
    Here's the biggun. 47.5 lbs! Two shoulder and a picnic on top. Fulfillment
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Go there. I write it.
  • unit26unit26 Posts: 53
    That is alot pork!!!!!
  • balliardiballiardi Posts: 59
    like WOW
    At 14.5 hrs. The meat is done. Maverick was acting the fool. Dome temp was reading 330 and Mav reading 245. Don't know if bats are going bad or if a therm probe needs calibrating. Will check tomorrow. Second cook it's been acting weird. No worries tho. The meat is beautiful

Some advice for peeps cooking shoulders. This is how forgiving this cut is! Even if I was cookin at 315, the meat is great. a plus for cookin whole shoulders over just the butt. Go there. I write it.
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    With that much cold meat near the probe, mav may be right on. Be smart to check it though. Great looking cook.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,493
    Prodigious Pork Pleasure!  
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    X2 for what Gato said
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • DOCEDDOCED Posts: 69
    Brilliant! I am psyched. I have 2 big cooks to do end of May and your pics gave me some good info.Looking fwd to it now.Nice!
  • BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    I now have my answer as to how much the XL can hold. Looks awsome.