Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Subs

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

If you recall, a few weeks back we made some Texas Hot Links. Well, at the same time we also made some Hot Italian Sausage. Haven't posted about it yet, because we haven't done anything with it till yesterday (and let me tell you it was killing me not to cook some of it up)

On the Egg at 400 (I was shooting for 350, but overshot and didn't bother to bring it down) with some peppers and onions

Halfway

Naked

Topped

I think this was our best sausage to date!! List of ingredients was much smaller than the Hot Links and they really stood out by themselves. Sausage was so juicy, the first bite it just exploded and ran down my chin. I can't wait to cook the rest.  The recipe and more pictures can be found HERE

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    I like your cooks...always look great, and this one is no exception. I'll be doing this soon.....thanks.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Stupid Diet. 
    man does that sausage & peppers look good!!!! 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    That's the best way to do those bad boys. Peppers and sweet onions!
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

MQ - thanks. It was good stuff.

Taz - I need to go on a diet. Stupid Egg making me cook all this good food. :))

Scooter - that was actually Mrs. G's. If you look at my blog, mine had marinara sauce and cheese, but the pics aren't very appealing. hers looked so much better.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have you been to Green's Sausage House (Hwy 53) in Zabcikville? You gave me an idea that they do and you should try with all this sausage. They make sausage burgers w/mustard on buns and they are out of this world good. Fried on old griddle- wow... You have the product, go man.......     
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.