Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Leg of Lamb and Veal roast

Options
tazcrash
tazcrash Posts: 1,852
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, made both a 6lb leg of lamb, and a 5 lb veal roast for those who didn't like lamb.
Lamb was coated in salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mint, and olive oil. Put some of the paste in some incisions, and coated the outside.
The veal roast got coated with the same seasonings.
Both were put in the egg being cooked indirect the lamb until 140 the veal till 145.
Mmmmm good. The Mrs made a Dijon mustard sauce from the joy of cooking to go with the veal, but it also went well on sauteed asparagus.asparagus

Got to use the new maverick, and my old Weber remote thermometer (actually made by scientific American) with new remote probe.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

Comments

• tazcrash
    Options
    Oh, and once again, happy Easter
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    What was the cook time on the lamb to get to 140°?
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • tazcrash
    Options
    The lamb went about 2 hours with rest, unfortunately finished about 15 minutes before the veal so it tented longer.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    That leg looks great.

I did lamb kabobs (blurry IPhone pic) . Cooked them at about 400 for just a few minutes. Served them with tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, and fresh pita on the side. Marinated in an Ina Garten mix my wife found. They were great.

I love lamb all different ways. I haven't done a whole leg yet on the Egg. I will after seeing yours.

XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC