Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Spring Assembly Screws

BigTex33BigTex33 Posts: 40
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I just bought an XL 10 days ago. 

When my Egg was first delivered there was a missing screw on the lower part of the spring assembly where it attaches to the lower band.  The dealer said they found the body of the screw on the floor of their assembly warehouse and gave me a new one (the head of the original screw was still in my Egg).  I easily replaced the missing screw and all seemed well until tonight.  As I was opening the dome of the Egg the exact same screw on the opposite side snapped off too.  I am at a loss and wondering if this is a common problem or if I  have done something wrong.  Any information or advice would be great.

XL Spring Assembly.jpg
320 x 240 - 31K