Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOK

Options
AUWAG
AUWAG Posts: 73
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have convinced my wife that we will now be trying out the Asian options. Does anyone love the BGE Wok or is there another I should get. I have seen some delicious looking entrees from some rugged stainless steel WOKS. I thought the CGE had one as I have the adjustable rig in its entirity. I would love the CGE one if they have it.

Drew

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Get yourself a spider from CGS.  Saw that you posted about it so I don't know if you picked one up yet.

CGS also sells a carbon steel wok so he can suit both your needs if you havent got the spider from him yet.

However, it's quite possible that Mickey and Village Idiot have hacked your computer and redirected all traffic to http://wokshop.com/.  They got me and now I'm a proud owner of unseasoned (I didn't know the secret code or my name wasn't Mr. Rawls) 16" round bottom wok, chuan and hoak.  You've been warned. :^o
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    It will take over your existence! AS cazzy mentioned! You have been warned!!!
    :D
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    What cazzy said. Mickey and VI hacked my computer as well and I ordered the exact same setup. Well worth it and as Ms. Chan says, you get to know your wok when you season it yourself....

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Not me !  I had nothing to do with it.  It was that guy from Salsa, Texas,  Mikey or Michy .... something like that.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Maybe it was Howdy Doody???????
    :P
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Nah, I saw a picture of him in a bag of Kingsford briquettes.  It was that Michelle guy, for sure.   8-}

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• scottclark
    Options
    Hello All, I have a flat bottom wok with a wooden handle. Do you think the handle would burn up if I used it with the "spider" and how do you think it would work if I sat it on the grid while I waited for the spider to ship?

Thanks
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Nah, I saw a picture of him in a bag of Kingsford briquettes.  It was that Michelle guy, for sure.   8-}

=))