Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Installing a Nomex gasket

13»

Comments

• inkyoninkyon Posts: 88
    appreciate the feedbacks and I'm pretty much close to pull the trigger for it to be included with the LGBE purchase. I wonder why BGE never have it as the standard gasket at the first place.
  • hardegghardegg Posts: 2
    I just bought a hi que gasket. Any tips for installing other than what is on their website?
    Yes: i removed my old gaskets from the base and lid but put on the new nomex on the base rim only. I've had 4 or so 500F cooks so far and had no issues. The seal is just fine with only the bottom gasket on and I have left over Nomex for the next time around. Plus I don't have to worry about charring my lid gasket anymore when I do steaks on hi temp and open lid.