Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Today: Pastrami and low carb meatloaf

MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

The pastrami was foiled  with a bit of beer after hitting 155 and pulled at 210.  Came out perfect.

The low carb meatloaf was made so by substituting 1/4" diced eggplant for the bread crumbs and use of a no-sugar Big Al's Texas rub.  I spiked the mix with lots of diced jalapenos.  I used 1 cup eggplant to 2lb 85% ground beef and 1 lb Jimmy Dean regular.  Next time I'll double the amount of eggplant.  But it is very good stuff!  

Meatloaf is shown in the 2nd pic atop leaves of baby romain topped with my home made blue cheese dressing.

(Please pretend my cooker is green.  I like it here :-)  )

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,924
    Meatloaf on the romaine looks interesting. I need to do a meatloaf on the egg...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013