Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adhesive for rutland gasket

eggoeggo Posts: 424
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Which permatex ultra copper to get? There are a couple of options.
Eggo in N. MS
·

Comments

• Yes, that will work. 

BTW, there have been folks who have just used the Permatex by itself as the gasket.  FWIW, I think that's the way I'm gonna go if / when I finally get around to replacing my gasket. 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    eggo,

This is what one person used to make the gasket itself from Permatex, as HH mentioned.  I believe this is also what folks use as an adhesive if this is the way they wish to go:

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    edited March 2012
    eggo,

Also, this is the procedure that one person documented for making the gasket itself out of permatex ultra copper -->  Making A Gasket From Permatex Ultra Copper

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 424
    Thanks for the pic Whiz. I see that one on Amazon. Wanted to make sure I order the right one.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·