Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good bulk purchase in the Atlanta area.

Options
BGElovr
BGElovr Posts: 83
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Any of you Atlanta eggers interested in splitting a bulk/ pallet purchase of Wicked Good or another quality brand lump? I live in the Duluth area and work in a place where I have access to a delivery dock and forklift if needed.

Chris

Comments

• ben4unc
    ben4unc Posts: 14
    Options
    I just got some WGC from a group buy in Charlotte NC and this stuff is GREAT!!!
  • BGElovr
    Options
    I like it too. Just tired of spending $20/ 22# bag. I can buy 3 bags for $13.50 + shipping ea on Wicked Good Retail site. What did you wind up paying per bag in your group buy, Ben?
  • ChuckGGa
    ChuckGGa Posts: 115
    Options
    I'd be interested. Let me know what you come up with. I am in marietta. If price is right, i could do 10-12 bags. I have another smoker also that uses briquettes... I'd be interested in some of that if they'd toss on the pallet (they make wicked good in briquettes also). On the briquette side i could do 12-14 bags probably.

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

• BGElovr
    Options
    Okay Chuck. Let's see what kind of feedback we get here and maybe we can come up with a plan.
  • ChuckGGa
    Options
    How many pallets is a minimum order? Seems like there are 26 bags on a pallet? But we'd need to confirm...

• ChuckGGa
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The 22 pound bags of lump... Someone told me there are 60 bags on a pallet... That was via a distributor.

• BGElovr
    Options

Both my brother and father have BGE's and would likely join in on a pallet. Not sure what the per bag pallet price would be. Any idea Chuck?

• smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Options
    I live in Johns Creek and have been using the BB Lump sold at the new Academy Sports at the Avenue on 141.  $12.97 for a 20lb bag.  It has been treating everyone right in the hood as we have 4 or 5 folks using it. 
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • BGElovr
    Options

I've never tried B&B smasch. That's a great price/ bag. I looked on naked Whiz's charcoal database. In 2004, it didn't fare too well whith the reviewers. No problem with long cooks or start up?

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag35.htm

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag14.htm

• smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Options

Nice sized pieces, good smell, and NEVER a problem on long cooks.  Filled with 8lbs and cooked 18.5hrs on a brisket at 225 (250 last 2 hrs).  Still had charcoal left to cook over the weekend.  It does spark a bit on startup with electric ignitor.  8 minutes and leit go.  Give it a try.  The price is right. 

On a side note, Academy was going to quit carrying, but enough folks complained and it is back.  They also have an extensive collection of cheap grilling toys and grills.  The ceramic cooker on the showroom floor will make any big green egg owner stick their chest out. 

Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • ben4unc
    ben4unc Posts: 14
    Options
    BGE, I paid $17.00/bag and got 10 bags.   Not bad for 22lb bags!!   I am thinking there were around 60 bags on a pallet. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Let me know the price I am good for atleast 5. I am in Cumming

• Janssen14
    Janssen14 Posts: 50
    Options
    Geez lit it's just charcoal! Haha!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I'd like to know the price as well. I'm near Roswell and could take a few.
  • ChuckGGa
    Options
    There is a distributor in biringham that wicked good works with. We did not talk about delivery as an option, but if one of us wanted to back a truck up to his back door and load it, the 11 lb bags of wg briquettes runs just north of 7 per bag and the 22 lb bags of lump were just south of 15 per bag (14.89 maybe)?... He will charge tax... Just to give some figures to compare when getting pricing "shipped" via wicked good. So with tax the 22 lb lump is just north of 16 per bag, plus gas to downtown birmingham...