Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love to take pictures of Virgins !

Options
2»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    In the same thread:

VI I wish I could quit you.
    I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable here.   @-)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    VI you definitely got my interest in the wok thing, have always liked using one and loved watching the authentic Chinese restaurants cook with them so when I realized how beneficial my BGE was beyond it's obviously infinite capabilities, I almost flipped my lid. Needless to say the wok I ordered and the one I ordered for my buddy who turned me on to the BGE will be put to good use.

As far as I'm concerned, Ms. Chan, as sweet as a lady she is, should provide you with a  few free woks for life with all the business you have sent her. Even if she refused to season my wok for me.

I can't make the Sunshine State Eggfest this year but plan on going next year.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    A lot of bromance going on here. There will obviously be a lot of disappointed people in Salado. Then again, if I were VI and had that amazing setup at my house I would probably stay home and egg.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • woody's wood pit
    Options
    just finished chicken beast cut into 1/3 & 2/3 wrapped in bacon with C&S... on the mini...you are gonna love it..by the way my nest looks like the ones on all the bigger eggs..wonder why the difference... 

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• woody's wood pit
    Options
    will have to look you up the next time i come to Houston.. have enjoyed all your posts and love your photo...who cant laugh at a monkey!!!

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Village Idiot
    Options
    .who cant laugh at a monkey!!!
    That's what my wife says. :-<

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Gary congrates on the new baby. Is the grill 9.5 or 10"? You are going to have so much fun with that. What did you think of the seasoning on the wok?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Gary congrates on the new baby. Is the grill 9.5 or 10"? You are going to have so much fun with that. What did you think of the seasoning on the wok?
    Thanks Mickey.  Cooked a ribeye last night.  Got it too done (160 ˚).  I'm thinking it cooks faster than on my large.  I think this is termed "learning curve".

I got the 10" mini.  Thanks for telling me.  I didn't even know.  That was the first thing I told the dealer.  I even took my tape measure.  It's got the SS grid and the Tel-True thermometer.

I wanted Tane Chan to season my wok because I wanted to see how much better a "pro" could do it.  After one look, I decided I could do just as good a job, maybe better.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Options
    You can, I can't, season. I am seasoned challenged.
    Would advise you get some tape/felt on that stand to hold the stand off the egg a fraction. I have the tape ( ran out of felt, egg sent me a new gasket and ended up cutting it up and sending around egg world with tape). This is a high dollar
    Tape that you don't want to buy a roll for this one app. Email your address.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

For the Mini Gary on a thick ribeye I pull the fire ring out and place the grill on the fire box at 450. Do for a min or so (flip) and pull the grill, put back the fire ring and my Mini Woo then the grill and finish the cook up top. Then us newbies we will use a Thermapen or the like to work that  "learning curve". ^:)^

• Village Idiot
    Options
    You are my hero, Mickey.  I have the woo on order.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    edited March 2012
    Options

Did you order the set of pizza stones from Amazon (hell, we will get all your money spent)......Call Tom and tell him you have a new SS 10" if the support bars on the bottom go to the outside ring. He can notch it much easier than you can cut the 4 bars....

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I got an email from CGS two days ago stating that my woo had shipped.  Guess I'll call on you to find out what modification I need.  I thought I read that the woo would only work on the 10" mini.  Did I get that backwards?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Gary, the mini woo should be notched, unless the wife did something unusual with inventory.  For the time being, all I'm fabricating are notched mini woos.......notches have no affect on the old 10 inch grids....

You should get it today, since you're in TX, one day ship from us.  thanks, 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Thanks Tom.  I didn't realize that "tjv" was you.  Thanks for the post.  I am looking forward to getting it.
    Bunches of new toys, the mini, wok, woo, pizza stones.  What fun!!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Options
    Gary I have been trying to talk Darian into setting up a Mini-Mini Fest in Galveston or Houston area. Just Mini's, adult beverage, and food. No factory, just eggheads. Admittance with Mini Egg only.  Bet that would be a ball. Just think we could get 25 Mini's going strong.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Mickey,

What a great idea !!  I'm in, for sure !!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Options
    In hell, why don't you put it on =D>

• Village Idiot
    Options

In hell, why don't you put it on =D>
    Mickey,

Some people are born executives.  Destined to lead.  I saw that about you the first time we met. That is why you have crafted the Salado Eggfest into one of the world's premier Egg gatherings.

As for me, I am but a poor boy, trying to fumble my way through each day as best I can.  I see people reaching for the hand sanitizers after I shake hands with them.  At the driver's license office yesterday, it was so crowded that there was standing room only, but everybody left the chair next to me on both sides empty.  I could go on and on.

We are looking to you, my friend, to make this thing happen.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

So if I win a mini - then I could be eligible for the houston mini eggfest ....   gotta rub my lucky tickets together....

Cookin in Texas
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    Options
    Yeah..a real bummer VI...was really looking forward to seeing you cook on the Wok...and you're one of the guys that can really teach a newbie like myself. I expected to ask some questions about your rig etc. Sorry to hear you won't be there. :(
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Yeah..a real bummer VI...was really looking forward to seeing you cook on the Wok...and you're one of the guys that can really teach a newbie like myself. I expected to ask some questions about your rig etc. Sorry to hear you won't be there. :(
    Yeah, me too, Egg!  More than you know.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    VI - you are a good man in my book. Sorry to hear anyone is keeping you from this event.
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    Options

If you stay away the terrorists win! Common VI....we will cut trenches, light fires and build a moat...something like that!  :D