Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chef Wil's Stuffed Brisket

Options
The Austrian
The Austrian Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
with the instructions found from WooDoggies is on the egg since 6:30 this morning; had to substitute the 'hot stuff'; used a mixture of cowlick and coarse DP dust; omitted the celery and used smoked kielbasa from the Amish instead of Andouille; yellow and red instead of green peppers - hopefully it turns out ok - looked delicious on WooDoggies post
Happy Mothers Day to all mothers out there![p]Sepp

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    The Austrian Boy,[p]So how'd it turn out and what would you do differently next time?... hard to go wrong with that cook![p]John

• The Austrian
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Everybody liked it, but to be honest, it was a little dry( at least I thought and had to down some additional cold ones); next time I will not get the lean ground pork, but maybe 80/20 or even 70/30 ( what did you use?), and maybe I'll try the Andouille sausage (the Amish smoked kielbasa is very good though, but lean);
    but it made my day - as the cook for mothers day - thanks to your post I used as a reference
    Thank you![p]Sepp

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    The Austrian Boy,[p]You're welcome... we simply followed Chef Wil's recipe to a T. And we used pork ground from the shoulder... so it was pretty fatty.
    Hey, if you're going through all of that trouble to put one of those meat pies together, no skimping on the fat. :~)
    Glad it was a hit on Mother's Day.
    Happy Cookin!
    John