Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sunday dinner: smoked brisket

gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 842
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Put it on about 4:30 a.m., it is now 2:10 and the internal temperature is at 185ºF.  Will be putting it in the cooler within the half hour, I hope it will taste as good as it smells.

Gerhard

Comments

• ShiffShiff Posts: 1,351
    Do a fork test to make sure it is tender before removing it from the BGE.  This usually happens between 180 and 205 degrees. Every brisket is different and you can't cook solely by checking the temperature.

Enjoy
    Barry Lancaster, PA
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    Give me your address and I will do the fork test for you! :D
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 842
    Thanks for the hint, it came off just before 4 p.m. at 201ºF.  It is in the cooler now waiting to be served around 5:30 to 6:00.  The taste is really good judging from the little piece we ripped off and looks to have a nice smoke ring.  Scooter if you leave TN now you should be here bright and early Monday morning, near the shores of Lake Huron in Ontario.

Gerhard
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    edited March 2012
    I like my eggs with a side of brisket!  Hope it comes out the way you like it.  Hard to beat  good brisket.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge