Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hot Pepper Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I did a hot pepper cheese stuffed pork tenderloin tonight for dinner.  I am getting so spoiled by my local butcher...

I did this indirect raised at about 300* dome for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Meat temps were about 145* when I took it off and let it rest for about 15 minutes.  I did some steamed veggies and it made for an excellent Sunday evening dinner.

Bacon Wrapped Hot Pepper Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin:

On the grill:

My Irish inspired grilling assistant:

Final Product:

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    That looks outstanding!!  Nice job!  Another idea picked up from the BGE forum.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Thanks BOWHUNR!

• mikey5874mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Nice job, but I am offended about the beer. I am at work and can't have any.

Nice job, but I am offended about the beer. I am at work and can't have any.

I'll have one for you!  \m/

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,806
    That looks amazing. I have a tenderloin in the freezer. How did you do that? Two loins with cheese in the middle?? Would like to try that tomorrow night. 
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,349
    Awesome!!  That may be our fest cook at Salado.  Unless you are coming to Salado and doing that cook yourself
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Looks amazing!

Bud is a good assistant, but try Dogfish Head 60 or Cigar City Jai Alai next time. They are great assistants
    edited March 2012
    That looks amazing. I have a tenderloin in the freezer. How did you do that? Two loins with cheese in the middle?? Would like to try that tomorrow night. 
    The butcher had this one prepped already so I bought it that way.  Based on the look of it they cut a slit in the tenderlon and stuffed it from the top.  This is only one loin.

edited March 2012
    Awesome!!  That may be our fest cook at Salado.  Unless you are coming to Salado and doing that cook yourself
    Nope...you can give it try yourself.  It would be a bit of a trek for me to come to Texas for an eggfest.  I have been trying to get my local Egg dealer to have one, but I am not sure he's up for it yet.  I have to keep working on him I guess.

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,806
    Thanks Joe, looking forward to trying this tonight.