Garlic Sausage Gnocchi - We repeated an old favorite and one of our newer food items that has become a family staple, Gnocchi.
This revision of my original Sausage Gnocchi uses Garlic Sausage and FRESH Organic Tomatoes to create the tomato sauce and adds a touch of Mozzarella cheese. It’s quick and easy and tasty…serves 3-4.
• 1 Lb. Pkg. Potato Gnocchi
• 3 Medium Diced Tomatoes
• 1 – 1 ¼ Lb. Garlic Seasoned Italian Sausage (4 links)
• ½ chopped large Sweet Onion
• Italian seasoning (A strong Tsp each of basil, oregano, cumin)
• ½ Tsp. Fresh Ground Sea Salt
• 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
• 1 ½ Tsp. Parsley
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• Grated Romano/Parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Fire up the Egg to FULL FLAME on extended ring with Grid.
2. In a 4 Qt. Pot bring lightly salted water to boil for Gnocchi and boil until it all floats, remove and drain, set aside.
3. Dribble a splash of water into the 4 Qt. pot and cook onions until they are transparent.
4. Add the tomatoes and 8 oz. of Tomato Sauce, stir in the spices and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat and cover for 10 minutes then add Gnocchi to tomato sauce and recover pot.
6. In a Cast Iron Skillet heat EVOO over high heat and the sausage (links rolled into approximately 1 tablespoon in size and cook until browned throughout.
7. Dump the tomato sauce/gnocchi into the skillet and stir constantly. Bring skillet contents to a boil.
8. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted the remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes.
9. Dump into a service dish or Paella pan, sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.