Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb Chops

pineypiney Posts: 539
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought several nice lamb chops at the local grocer anyone have a good recipe for grilling them?
Lenoir, N.C.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    edited March 2012
    I just use olive oil, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest. Marinate for an hour or so and grill at around 400*

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    When I get nice lamb chops from my butcher (about 1.5in thick) I just salt/pepper and T-Rex until a nice medium rare/medium.  I love the taste of lamb chops and don't like to overpower with anything else.   
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Nothing fancy, just salt, pepper a little evoo.  Very easy, sear and cook to your preferred doness.  Medium rare for me.
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468

I agree nothing fancy. I use the Dizzy Pig Red-Eye Express Rub and just cook direct until meat is around 135. I did crank up the egg to around 500-550 to sear then back down to 375-400 to finish.

lamb.JPG 576.4K
    lamb 2.JPG 666K
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Mmmmmmm, lamb chops.

- Homer Simpson
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 539
    Thanks for all the input I can't wait to try them. Will let you know the outcome.
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    No matter how many you cook, they all seem to be disappear. Cooked them last night.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    edited March 2012

I did some last night too. Six in the mini

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·