Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Retailers?

gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 398
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Buddy calls me to say LGBE package available at Costco. Thinking cuz no dealer in the area. Checked that but 2 retailers in town - can these be knockoffs? Anyone else aware if this cuz I'm thinking of a night drive to check this out....

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,116
    Call Costco first to make sure it is a BGE. If they start selling to Costco and it's the same product, they'll end up pissing off a lot of us dealers. Just saying.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 398
    Buddy is there - gave him a call and it is a LBGE package made in Mexico - ouch

·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 956
    They are made in Mexico
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,908
    Buddy is there - gave him a call and it is a LBGE package made in Mexico - ouch
    I thought that is where they're made now??
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
    Someone from Canada said they bought at LBGE package at Costco...

I'm a Costco fanboy so as much as I love this, I hate it cause I bought mine elsewhere for alot more i'm sure.
    ·
    Yup no knockoff - but Costco is carrying them in Ontario Canada for at least 1/2 MLSP - that hurts the local dealers

·
    Thet appear to be popping up.

""from rob at BGE.... (from the greeneggers forum)

"we are aware that unauthorized sales of EGGs is taking place at some costco locations, and as per BGE policy there will not be warranty coverage on these products. as legal action is being considered as a result of these unauthorized and potentially fraudulent sales, we cannot comment further. buyer beware.""

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1963183
    ·
    @cazzy buy another one - buddy tells me Costco offers a full refund on costs if damaged goods

·
    @gabriegger I will, especially if they carry mediums like the guy found on the brethren forum.
    ·
    @cazzy. As far as I've been told they are all large eggs

·
  • Mr_PigoMr_Pigo Posts: 13
    So I am the guy in BC who got the large bge at costco. It is the real deal and I paid 899 for the egg, nest, and side tables. My wife was in the dealer store today to pick up a couple of accessories and the guy was a little shocked. He had a large on the floor for 1099 by it self.
    ·
    edited March 2012
    Called Costco manager told me they receive goods from Ottawa and seattle.

·
    edited March 2012
    And only through reputable suppliers

·
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 189
    This reminds me of an incident last year when Costco started selling Sage fly fishing rods for below MSRP.  When Sage found out, they were pulled off the shelves pronto.   I would bet the BGE's will be pulled from Costco before you know it.
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Sage fly rods? I never seem to find those deals!
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·