Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Thermometer

BakemanBakeman Posts: 113
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering, started the egg went inside to prep came back outside the thermometer was past the 800 and heading back around again. Did I fry it??
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,097
    I have done that before and mine still works great. At least you know you have good airflow :-c
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BakemanBakeman Posts: 113
    Tell me about it , I had heart failure when I saw it.
    ·
  • Check it in boiling water to see if you fried it or not. 
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Check it in boiling water to see if you fried it or not. 
    And let us know the results. I've often wondered if it would damage them.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Although I know one may be damaged and the other not. I always check mine periodically.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • BakemanBakeman Posts: 113
    Thanks everyone, I'll check it
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 159
    Mine hasn't worked since I got my egg a few weeks ago. I need a replacement but my Maverick is what I use anyway but it would be nice to know when I'm close by checking the dome temp.
    ·