Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Chicken Enchiladas

Options
Flamethrower
Flamethrower Posts: 493
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well tonite the wife wanted enchiladas, I told her I would make her something special. She has a bad cold and is miserable and I just had shoulder surgery 2 months ago,So we are quit the pair right now.Bought a 5# chicken and Spatchcocked it,Seasoned exterior with no injection.Got the XLBGE warmed up to 350 with a raised grid. Sauted onions and made the Chile Verde sauce.Pulled the chicken at 1 hr.and it was perfect thanks to the Thermopen. Pulled the chicken hot with my gloves and mixed into the sauce. Rolled the enchiladas and covered with cheese,green onions and olives. Upped the heat to 400 and couldve done 450 to finish it off.Pics are of cooking and not pulling,Hard to do with 1 arm and take pics at the same time. She was very HAPPY with the results. Question, How hot does it have to get at dome temp to brown the top if possible
LET'S EAT

Comments