Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for Newb?

Options
Ashford85
Ashford85 Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I wanna try a pizza but have no idea how or what heat etc. I have a plate setter and stone so I guess my question is what kind of dough, what heat, and overall how to do it ? Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Search for pizza and you will find a lot of great info. I do scratch made dough, platesetter legs down with BGE feet between that and my pizza stone. I let everything heat up together to about 600.  Use parchment paper under the pizza to slide it on the stone. Some people pull the parch paper out but I just leave it on the whole time. They always turn out great. Check the pizza by looking down through the hole. Don't open the lid until it is ready to take off. Good luck.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Make your own dough or buy a dough ball from publix if you have one near you. Roll the dough out on floured parchment paper. I use Paul Neman sockorooni for my sauce then add you toppings. Preheat egg to 550 or 600 with platesetter legs down, and then place pizza stone on the ceramic feet that came with the egg on top of platesetter. Make sure stone comes to temp. Throw on pizza on parchment paper for two or three minutes until bottom of crust is cooked enough to slide parchment paper out. Coninue to cook until done to you liking. Usually about 10 minutes for me.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)