Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Potato Bomb?

MawgerMawger Posts: 40
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I was reading on here the other day and saw a picture of a potato bomb. It looks

so tasty was telling my fam about it and now I can't find the recipe.  Anyone?

I knew I should have bookmarked, but was counting on my memory to refind.

Bad idea!

Sandy

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,650

Search engine is your friend. I think it looks really good and would like to try it.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1153750#Comment_1153750

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

There is a utube video - I think you find it with google searching for potatoe bomb.   Shows stuffing with everything imaginable - meat, cheese - etc.

I have done them - they are fantastic.   I made a mixture of sour cream, chives, and soft butter.   Put some various meat chunks in different ones ( sausage, chopped brisket, pulled pork).    I wrapped with bacon prior to foiling.  

did the search - try this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUNmtSgB0c

In the video - they even used vienna sausages -- I didnt go there...

Cookin in Texas
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102

They look absolutely scrumptious ... although my issue is the 'foil' ... I would want some smoke on them!

Does anyone do that?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    let us know how a couple that are unfoiled do?  thinking it might dry out the skin of the potato a bit, but sounds like a good weekend project.
    Cookin in Texas
  • let us know how a couple that are unfoiled do?  thinking it might dry out the skin of the potato a bit, but sounds like a good weekend project.

What he said!  Otherwise I'll just do them in the oven to serve with something off the grill.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Any excuse to cook taters and the stuffing possibilities are unending. Thanks for the post. Will be doing this cook soon
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx