Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey Charlie!

BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,434
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
What is that crap you put in the can?  I took travisstricks advice and dipped your cousin in equal parts of soy sauce, honey and sesame oil and coated with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk (sorry travis the wife can't take that many sesame seeds).

Gave it a sear on an angry 700* little green egg for a minute and a half a side.

Served rare-medium rare with some of the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.

imageimage

DEELISSH!!!

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    OMG. What is this your night to shine? Nice looking meal. A fatty to kill you and now a dinner my wife would ok. Good work.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I'm glad it worked out well for you. :-bd
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Nice look plate!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

If you can find it - try taking a sliver of Sugar Cane ( bout the size of a pencil ) and sticking through the tuna before you cook it.   Most of the high end stores ( Whole Foods, Central Market ) will have it - you may have to ask to see where it is.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,434
    @boatbum

Is the sugar cane just for decoration or does it actually impart some flavor?

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    boatbum from your post you are in Texas. Like to invite you to Salado March 17th for the Salado EggFest on St Pat's day. Big Green Egg will paint all the demo eggs green for that special day.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    @boatbum

Is the sugar cane just for decoration or does it actually impart some flavor?

Mike

Omaha, NE

It actually imparts a touch of sweetness in the Tuna, you can taste it.   Got the idea from a resturant years ago.

boatbum from your post you are in Texas. Like to invite you to Salado March 17th for the Salado EggFest on St Pat's day. Big Green Egg will paint all the demo eggs green for that special day.
    We are talking about it, maybe driving down for the day.   Would love to be there, just not sure about schedule.  Will know as it gets closer and register if we are.  thanks.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·