Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Charlie!

Options
BOWHUNR
BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
What is that crap you put in the can?  I took travisstricks advice and dipped your cousin in equal parts of soy sauce, honey and sesame oil and coated with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk (sorry travis the wife can't take that many sesame seeds).

Gave it a sear on an angry 700* little green egg for a minute and a half a side.

Served rare-medium rare with some of the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.

imageimage

DEELISSH!!!

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    OMG. What is this your night to shine? Nice looking meal. A fatty to kill you and now a dinner my wife would ok. Good work.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    Options
    I'm glad it worked out well for you. :-bd
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nice look plate!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

If you can find it - try taking a sliver of Sugar Cane ( bout the size of a pencil ) and sticking through the tuna before you cook it.   Most of the high end stores ( Whole Foods, Central Market ) will have it - you may have to ask to see where it is.

Cookin in Texas
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    @boatbum

Is the sugar cane just for decoration or does it actually impart some flavor?

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    boatbum from your post you are in Texas. Like to invite you to Salado March 17th for the Salado EggFest on St Pat's day. Big Green Egg will paint all the demo eggs green for that special day.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    @boatbum

Is the sugar cane just for decoration or does it actually impart some flavor?

Mike

Omaha, NE

It actually imparts a touch of sweetness in the Tuna, you can taste it.   Got the idea from a resturant years ago.

boatbum from your post you are in Texas. Like to invite you to Salado March 17th for the Salado EggFest on St Pat's day. Big Green Egg will paint all the demo eggs green for that special day.
    We are talking about it, maybe driving down for the day.   Would love to be there, just not sure about schedule.  Will know as it gets closer and register if we are.  thanks.
    Cookin in Texas