Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What's on YOUR egg for superbowl Sunday???

gtk10583gtk10583 Posts: 77
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, new topic... So what's cookin' on the BGE for superbowl sunday?  I'm trying a new hot wings recipe and some jalapeno poppers.

Comments

• Heavily modified recipe of AZRP.  Chile Rellenos casserole.  I might bake it on the egg, or not.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    edited February 2012
    Probably a rack or two of babybacks...car wash mike style.

• Chuck roast.  Recent posts have made me hungry.
  • HicHic Posts: 350

Brisket, ABT dip and probably cornbread... Go Pats!

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Since my team's not in it, I'm foregoing the packer brisket. I'm doing a couple butts and a spatchcocked chicken instead. Not sure who to root for. Probably the Giants.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Since my team's not in it, I'm foregoing the packer brisket. I'm doing a couple butts and a spatchcocked chicken instead. Not sure who to root for. Probably the Giants.

I with ya troutgeek...I don't know who to root for either.  I don't think I have ever been this un-excited about a superbowl in my history.  Sorry - focus...this is a food thread.  B-)

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    We are doing ABTs, planked salmon with an apricot and jalapeño glaze, blackened grouper, shrimp stuffed with crab, ahi tuna, olive cheese bread and ribs. I think we covered all the food groups....oh, and raspberry margaritas for us wimps.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Granny,

Can you post a map to your place?  Thanks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

Sure, it's 40 miles northeast of the Mouse House. By the way some one is bringing knock you naked brownies and I'm making stroopwafles.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,871
    GrannyX4,
    I just lost interest in what I had planned to cook and in the game. What a menu!
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Brisket Pizza - maybe some sauge pizza as well.

Cookin in Texas
    No, no all food is good food. Variety is the best to shake things up. Add a few new things that you have never done before and all will be good.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,708
    I've got Reserve duty this weekend...  :-((

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Cow Lick Chili for a party - Go Gints
  • LyndeLynde Posts: 12
    18.6 lb Angus brisket goes on the BGE today at 7:00 pm. 
  • Same as Lynde, but mine is only 11 lbs. (Lynde must have more friends than I do   :(  )

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Ribs and pizza here
  • 4 slabs of Baby backs hitting the rack!  Going on before the sun comes up tomorrow!
    I love my egg.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,316
    Baby backs here, too! You think Costco is ready for us?
  • I think I will just head to a place about 40 north of mouse town. Heard there is a good looking woman cooking there.
    When you're cookin' on a BGE, the Babes'll come to you!
  • We are doing slow cooked wings serve with Gai Yang dipping sauce, Blue Cheese dipping sauce. Half will be plain and half will have butter-cayanne.
    Located in Western North Carolina
    mustgrill - How do you cook the wings? And can you say something about making up a butter cayenne sauce? Sounds intriguing!
  • I am on call this weekend, so I won't be cooking anything.  I will be lucky if I get to see the game.  I was planning on doing a brisket.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    edited February 2012
    Heavily modified recipe of AZRP.  Chile Rellenos casserole.  I might bake it on the egg, or not.

I'd love the recipe for the Chile Rellenos casserole ... =P~

Edit: Did a search and lo & behold, I found it!  Already formulating my own modifications for this one ...

Thanks for the idea ... :) 

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • @grannyX4 what are stroopwaffles?  Never heard of them. 

Sure, it's 40 miles northeast of the Mouse House. By the way some one is bringing knock you naked brownies and I'm making stroopwafles.
    Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • Two Boston Butts.  Serving about 15-20 people (more counting kids).

Putting it on about 8pm and they should be ready by 2 or 3 pm tomorrow afternoon.
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • I have a recpie I like with a chipolte sauce.

If you just want a regular sauce

1/2 stick butter

1/2 C of any good Cayanne Sauce.

I like Crystal Cayanne Suace or Cajun Sunshine

Melt butter add sauce simmer 5 mins.

Also here the other way.

Located in Western North Carolina
  • pabpab Posts: 232
    edited February 2012
    Just the wife and I. Half-cocked chicken with dizzy pig swamp venom rub and brined baked potatoes. A tip of the hat to Naked Whiz site.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 785
    2 Boston butts (1st timer here). 7lb & 5lb