Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Shoulder

thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

I did a beef shoulder (clod) awhile ago. Just getting aroung to posting pictures.

Here I am using a tenderizer on the clod after I cut off some of the excess fat. Not sure if that step was necessary.

Ready to go onto the egg after I put on the rub.

I need to put in the rib rack since it was to big (18 lbs) to lay flat in my XL.image

Pulled the meat around 190, cut into smaller pieces and foiled. This is it after it was done, about 198.

Pulling it apart. It was very tender.

This should be enough for my wife and myself for a day or two. LOL

The first of many sandwitches.image

Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I would very much like one of those please.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Looks great...I have a chuck roast on the the egg currently for lunch.  I am getting hungry!  =P~

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Chief - How much per lb did it cost?  I want to do one of those soon.  
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Chief - How much per lb did it cost?  I want to do one of those soon.  

It was 2.69 at resturant depot. They were on sale. Not bad for angus choice.
  • Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    Chief,  About how long was your cook, both up till you cut and foiled at 190 then after?  Looking to get an idea as to how much time to allow.  Thank You.  Jer
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,909
    Nice post.  Not much better eatin' than the clod.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

I definitely hear quite  bit about it and for 2.69 would definitely purchase.  Can cut up into smaller sections as well.  Thanks for the details and looks great
    Chief,  About how long was your cook, both up till you cut and foiled at 190 then after?  Looking to get an idea as to how much time to allow.  Thank You.  Jer
    It took about 17 hours to get it up to the time I foiled it. About two hours after.
    Chief - Bought a clod at a local supermarket for 2.39.  They had a chuck shoulder for london broil sale and I asked the guy to cut me an 8lb roast.  Will be firing it up in a few weeks and will report results.  
    Very good price Irish.