Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

can i post a picture directly from photobucket?

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    I haven't been able to figure out how, so I upload directly from my computer.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • imageimage
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Just click on the image icon in the post editor and put the address of the photo in.

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Good to know. Thanks Whiz.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    where is the post editor?   i'm overlooking it.
    ·

I haven't been able to figure out how, so I upload directly from my computer.
    most all of my photos are stored on my phone and in my photobucket.  very very few are stored on my pc and none are stored at my office, where i mostly post from.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120

When you are in PB click on you're 2nd item listed. http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx201/deepsouth1970/0e228bcd.jpg

It will then say copied, then on write comment section of the forum, click on the photo icon (top right area of the tool bar, 3rd icon from the right), backspace to clear out what's in the insert space. Then control V on your computer and it will be copied to your post and then click on post comment 

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·

test.image

·

When you are in PB click on you're 2nd item listed. http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx201/deepsouth1970/0e228bcd.jpg

It will then say copied, then on write comment section of the forum, click on the photo icon (top right area of the tool bar, 3rd icon from the right), backspace to clear out what's in the insert space. Then control V on your computer and it will be copied to your post and then click on post comment 

sweet.  thanks!
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468

There is an icon right above where you type that looks like a greater than and less than symbol. Click that then there is another icon on the far right that looks like a square with a faint picture in it, that should be it. I can type the link in but nothing happens. There has to be way to upload photos from the iPhone or web but I can't figure it out. I'm sure this is due to user incompetence.
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I have tried this and it works if you want to post one picture. It worked one time to post multiple pictures but not today. I don't know what I am doing different or if anything has chnged. Also after the picture I can't add anymore text below the picture. Anyone else have this issue?
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
    I add all my text first, then go back and insert the pics after the appropiate text. This places the pic below the text.
    ·
    Thank you. I will try that.
    ·
    Test. If this doesn't work I'm obviously a moron or illeterate
    ·
    I paste the URL in but nothing happens. I don't know if this is because I am doing everything from my iPhone or not but nevertheless I can not post a picture
    ·
    I don't think you can post from the iPhone. I send my iPhone pics in an email to myself, then save them to my computer. I can then send them to Photo Bucket and insert or just use the attach a file (bottom left) and attach them from my computer.
    ·
    I knew I should have kept my laptop. Oh well maybe I can post pics through the PS3 although I doubt it since it doesn't support flash either
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    edited January 2012
    good lord. 
    here it is as simple as it can be put.

upload to photobucket.  then, in photobucket, copy the DIRECT url

then, click on the little "photograph" icon on the top right of the "write comment" window (the window you type in.  it will open a box in which you paste the 'direct url'.  for some reason, they wasted our time by prefilling it with "http:/". Delete that, because you will be pasting it in as part of the url you copied.

then click the 'submit' button to upload and close the box.
    the picture will show up in the "write comment" window even before posting it.

after you hit enter, the cursor will be next to and after the picture just as it would be if you'd typed a word instead of inserted a pic.  just hit 'return' and the cursor drops down and you can keep typing.

wherever the cursor is, the pic will appear when you enter it.  after you enter it, the cursor will be next to it.  no reason to type everything then go back and insert.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,055
    How do you guys get the ink off your monitors?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    How do you guys get the ink off your monitors?
    Now that's funny.......uh right?
    ·
    Thanks Stike, a picture is really worth a 1,000 words.
    ·
    edited January 2012

DSC_0091-4.jpg image by littlestevenpics

I just click copy on the pic in photobucket and click paste in the post but I'm prolly doing it wrong

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    steven
    it's simple. here's what i do.
    cover the monitor with plastic wrap.  draw on the plastic wrap with a sharpie.  take pic of monitor with camera. download pic to computer, upload to PB.  take plastic wrap off monitor.

very easy
    ·
    but see how small your pic is? 
    ·
    Not any more Hehe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    you guys are killing me.
    ·
    Killing me that there is no way to do this from an iPhone. Seems like you must have a pc in order to post a pic
    ·
    photobucket app.  works fine
    ·
  • I am going to try and upload one from photobucket.  See if I can get it to work.  You all got me wandering with this discussion.

Did it work?  This brings back early memories of cooking before the egg.  I have become obsessed with this egg since.
    Large BGE Dyersburg TN
    ·