Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermopen arrived here is what we grilled.

Options
smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Crimsongator for the heads up regarding the Thermopen. I ordered one, as many of you did. Well today it arrived. I have been tracking it's delivery. Told the special gal in my life to watch for the delivery. She called and told me it had arrived. Thermopen was on the ball, quick delivery and Fed Ex was great. So we decided to do tenderloin steaks tonight. Got home and my Sweet Heart had them laying in Olive Oil, salt and pepper. 
Fired up the egg and brought it to 600. Seared them for 2 min. each side and then put the Thermopen to work. First check registered 114. Then checked about 3 mins after and they had risen to 137. I was aiming for the 125 that a few of you have spoken to me about. ( I am very appreciative for your guidance by the way).  I was surprised that the temp has risen that quick. So removed them and let them rest. The steaks were AWESOME. There was still some pink in them. My Sweetheart love the grill. We keep talking about the BGE and how we enjoy the final product. Next time I will try to stay on top of the steaks and get them off just a bit quicker. All in All we were VERY HAPPY with the outcome. Thanks to those of you who suggested "cooking by temp not by time" This has proven to me that this is the way to go. One very happy camper here.
Special Thanks to those who have taken the time to guide a "Newbie" along.
Much Appreciated. 
Hey Tweev your Umami Burgers are scheduled for this Friday now that we have the "PEN"

Large, small, and a mini