Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast

Options
bluegrasstiger
bluegrasstiger Posts: 145
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a small 3 lb chuck roast from the butcher yesterday.  I'm trying to make up for my recent brisket fail and wanted something more forgiving to try again.  Put on a garlic and pepper rub.  Preheated the egg to 300 - also wanted to try a higher temp cook to see if I could speed things along.  Placesetter legs up, drip pan, grate, roast directly on the grate.

The PartyQ held 300 temp perfectly...wrapped in foil with a little water at 160 meat temp...removed from foil at 195 and placed back on grill until 205.  It was very good.  The meat was pull apart tender, with a nice bark and great flavor.  Almost all of the fat rendered and we have some leftovers for tomorrow.

Total time was about 5 1/2 hours which is longer than I expected with the higher temp. 

Comments