Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Auber controler on the XL ?

Options
fairchase
fairchase Posts: 319
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Anyone running the Auber on a xl ?
 I'm just wondering how the 6.5 cfm fan does with the size of the xl ?

Comments

• turhntng
    Options
    I originally got the 6.5 but before I used it I got them to sent me a 10 scfm fan and it works well. If you call them they will substitiite a 10scfm fan for the 6.5 one.
  • fairchase
    Options
    I originally got the 6.5 but before I used it I got them to sent me a 10 scfm fan and it works well. If you call them they will substitiite a 10scfm fan for the 6.5 one.
    I don't see where they offer a 10cfm. What I see is a 6.5 or 20 cfm.
  • turhntng
    Options
    I meant to say 20 not 10. I talked to one of the guys at auber and he said you could go either way with the blower. I have only used it twice but it worked well. I am going to do my first overnight cool with it this weekend so I will see how it does. My thoughts on the blower are the bigger the better it will just run less. Once the pid controller gets the temp under control the blower will only run a little bit.
  • fairchase
    Options
    The other concern I'm having with the auber is the lack of a minimum draft control .
    Everyone else has a way to set a small amount of draft when the blower isn't blowing.
    Could this be a problem or am I over thinking this ?
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    The Auber Instruments blower has a damper that falls shut when the blower isn't operating-->  The Auber Instruments Blower
    The Naked Whiz
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Quick question - do they all come with that red silicone gasket? Mine didn't come with it and I'm wondering if I need to contact them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would assume so unless they have decided it isn't needed since I did the review.  I bought my unit and didn't have any contact with them other than to report the defective blower and getting it replaced.  Very good customer service in my experience.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Griffin
    Options
    I'll give them a call then and ask that they send me one.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    Just got off the phone with their tech dept. They said they no longer include it, that it isn't necessary. I hope it isn't, kinda wish i had it anyway. Hopefully I'll get to try it this weekend.

Rowlett, Texas