Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza peel

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

i need help selecting a pizza peel for a christmas gift –

thanks

mr toad

In dog Beers - I have had only one !

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Here is the peel my wife got for me from Etsy.

David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    nice - love the colors and variety of woods

thanks - mr toad
  • I love my Super Peel. I have had it for a couple years now and I haven't had a train wreck since I bought it. I also don't have to use corn meal anymore (which I can't stand on pizza), since this is so efficient. 

It is a bit pricey but if you are serious about pizza this is something to consider. I use this to drop the pizzas on the stones and I use a large steel spatula for removal.

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,366
    Just make sure its wood, not metal.  I've never been able to keep a skin from sticking to a metal peel.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    thanks all
    mr toad
  • My vote is the Super Peel.  It's foolproof, the only application I wouldn't use it for is a wood fired oven that requires a long reach.

I make pizza at least once a week and the super peel saves the day.