Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza peel

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

i need help selecting a pizza peel for a christmas gift –

thanks

mr toad

In dog Beers - I have had only one !
·

Comments

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Here is the peel my wife got for me from Etsy.

David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    nice - love the colors and variety of woods

thanks - mr toad
    ·
  • I love my Super Peel. I have had it for a couple years now and I haven't had a train wreck since I bought it. I also don't have to use corn meal anymore (which I can't stand on pizza), since this is so efficient. 

It is a bit pricey but if you are serious about pizza this is something to consider. I use this to drop the pizzas on the stones and I use a large steel spatula for removal.

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    Just make sure its wood, not metal.  I've never been able to keep a skin from sticking to a metal peel.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    thanks all
    mr toad
    ·
  • My vote is the Super Peel.  It's foolproof, the only application I wouldn't use it for is a wood fired oven that requires a long reach.

I make pizza at least once a week and the super peel saves the day.

·