Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

all about pans

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum

what are your recommendations concerning “pizza pans?”  air bake? nonstick? light or dark? size? deep
dish?

thanks – mr toad

In dog Beers - I have had only one !

Comments

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 842
    I just use a piece of parchment paper for the first couple of minutes of the bake.

Gerhard
  • I got a couple of standard,  aluminum pizza pans at a local restaurant supply.  I dust them with corn meal,  build my pizzas on them,  then slide them onto the BGE stone.  When done,  back on the pan for cutting and serving.
  • I picked up a lodge CI pizza pan and it is awesome!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,364
    Real pizza doesn't come in a pan...  [-(

:P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 100
    I  use parchment paper to slide the pizza on and off the stone.  My attempts with a pan were cruel and unusual punishment-  the dough is just to flimsy.   We regularly use a cookie sheet with parchment paper on top.  It works every time.
  • Real pizza doesn't come in a pan...  [-(

:P
    Don't knock it til you've tried it. Don't make me go through pictures

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• LS- Where did you find that? 
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • I got it at a sale in TO. William Ashley company. They have a sale every year in November. Ton's of great stuff half price. Don't know if they have an office out your way or not.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Shwiezzee

I am going to the sale next week. If they have them at 1/2 price ya want me to pick one up for you?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• @LS- Yes Pleazzz! 

I will send the money with a flat of our finest local Ale!! 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,379
    edited November 2011

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• @LS- Thank you for thinking of me though!