Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What did you cook over the weekend?

2»

Comments

• LOL - I could do the soup - but then, I'd probably start getting creative, throwing in bacon, summer sausage, and a couple of baguettes on there...and, some cheese of course.  I'm getting hungry just writing!

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,474
    Burr-Baby, congrats on GB football game. It's all fun. I was able to get some great pictures of him to create great memories. He scored 11 touchdowns this season.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Pheasant paella. Pheasant are kind of small compared to chicken, so I used two birds. Next time I'll only use one bird -- too much meat.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 405
    i cooked hot cherry peppers stuffed with garlic and sausage. 18 cherry peppers cut of the tops clean out inside, add slice of garlic then stuff them with loose sausage i used asmall pan and baked them at 425 for 30 minuted. added a wet hickory chunck for last ten minutes.been making them for years in oven. tried them on my 1 month old egg came out perfect
  • Friday - pizzas.

Saturday - Hosted my girls (twins) 5th birthday party; cooked about 10 sliders and 15 or so full 50/50 burgers; and then for the parents 'after-party' we fired up a bunch of Oktoberfest sausages!  Then Sunday was a straight forward steak and sweet potato night.Now Monday...after consulting the scale...it was soup night.
    yeah I had to have salad and a chicken breast!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,160

Friday night I threw a couple of New York steaks and cubed potatoes with garlic. I hope everyone is sitting...

I'm running low on lump coal (all the stores are stocking snow shovels here in MN) so I got the lump coal started and threw a couple chunks of not sure what kind of wood on. Threw the potatoes on, all was good but it had a lot of smoke and it stunk. The exhaust area was wet. Hmmm, might have been wet wood. I didn't want to throw the steaks on with that smell so I pulled the wood and added more lump. I didn't have enough heat so I fired up the leaf blower and stuffed it in the bottom vent some until the temp came up.

Yes, lesson learned.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,474
    Which lesson learned? Too funny, quite an interesting use of leaf blower.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • So tell us about Cowlick Chili?
    Got the recipe here on the forum.  Pretty complex with lots of ingrediants, but pretty good stuff!
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee