Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib eye and lamb chops

GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,474
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Did you all see that????? My egg was doing the happy dance. It's been a while since the egg has seen something that didn't once have feathers.
Tonight the husband had a rib eye and I had lamb chops with the rub I have used for years.

McCormick Steak Seasoning

1/2  cup           Lawrys seasoned salt
   1 1/2  tsp           garlic powder
   2      Tbs           onion powder
   1      Tbs           dry mustard
   1      Tbs           ginger
     1/4  cup           kosher salt
   2      Tbs           Coarse black pepper

The husband is fussy about his steaks and doesn't like me to mess with his cow. Anything else is fair game. But a few months ago I did a little change to take his steak to the next level and now there is no turning back. I melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of Williams Sonoma veal demiglace together and pour over the meat when they come off the fire. He thinks it's heaven. I have to admit dinner was pretty good tonight and nice not to have something that didn't cluck or gobble in it's previous life. Simple and good............
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !