Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday help!!! Quick

Options
Dkeesla
Dkeesla Posts: 1
edited October 2011 in Root
Classic! I bought a large GE yesterday, read for hours, and watched the dumb video. Put on a boston butt last night at 9:30pm. Had lots of coal, temp at 225' everything seemed good. Went to bed about 12am. Woke up at 4am worried, temp was up to 300' close the bottom to about 1/4" amd the top completely, except for the small holes were slightly cracked. This was a slight tighter close than when it hit 300 degrees. Went back to bed woke at 8:45, fire out, temp gone.
Butt is black and brown, looks good, but how do i know if its done? I wrapped it and put it in my oven at 200 this morning amd am awaiting further instructions. It tastes damn good, just not sure if i am supposed to barely touch amd it will fall apart? It didnt feel like that. Feels more like a pork roast.

Comments