Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Building Question

Options
yellowdogbbq
yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
edited September 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I'm building a table based on plans from The Naked Whiz web site and questioning which side of the table I should put the BGE.  The plans have it on the right but I'm thinking about putting it on the left because I'm right handed.  I've seen people place them both ways and not sure if it really matters.  Is there a special reason to have it on the right?  I'm using option B for the lower shelf which has the stone (which the BGE sits on) off set to one side of the table, so I can't just flip it around if I don't like it. 

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• DominicMagestic
    Options
    its a personal preference thing.  don't put it in the middle.  if you put it in the middle you won't have space for your second egg.
    ;)

seriously, you may decide to get a second egg one day so make sure it is big enough to accommodate egg numero dos.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    personal preference or because of location
    Kent Madison MS
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Dominic, the solution is obviously to make the table very wide.  Then you can put it in the middle.  When you get your second egg, it goes on one side.  When you get your third egg, it goes on the other....  :))
    The Naked Whiz
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Thanks for the help, and thanks Whiz for the plans.  I guess the bottom line is you can never have to many eggs!
  • Jer_inva
    Options
    Not knowing if the table you are building has doors or anything that would distinguish a front and back, but a simple table could just be rotated 180* and turn the egg 180* and you convert from a right to left hand table or vice versa. Just my thought as I read your post.  Jer
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Jer_inva, in my table plans if you pick option A, you can do just that.  Rotate the table and the Egg and you can have the Egg on one side or the other.  The only difference would be which end the wheels were on.  However, if you choose option b, the table has a front and a back because the slate under the Egg extends forward all the way to the front edge of the bottom shelf so that there is no exposed wood in front of the Egg's lower vent.
    The Naked Whiz