Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MINI: 10" grille ?

Options
gamera06
gamera06 Posts: 80
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys,

on Ceramic Grill Store, they are talking about a 10" grille:
http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/small-a-mini-woo2.html

I got the mini here, and the Woo2... but a 9.5" grille
:((
Ok, don't laugh, I'm european, so inches are like talking alien language... so, please !

Does any one has a 10" grille ??? How did you get it ?

BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France

Comments

• Jer_inva
    Options
    Recently (a year or so ago) BGE started delivering the mini with a 10" grill. I purchased my mini this past spring and it came with a 10" grill. Jer
  • gamera06
    Options
    Oh... after my large with the old firebox, now I got an old mini with a 9.5" grille. Seems that I got the old european stock !
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

My mini is the old 9.5" model. I bought the new 10" fire ring and took my belt sander to it and got it to fit in my old mini. The old fire ring was not very well designed and made the cooking area small. I have much more cooking area now.

• gamera06
    Options
    So you had to book a new fire ring and a new 10" grille ???
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have the old mini where the egg itself is only 9.5". The 10" grate will not fit in my egg. Do you have the stainless steel grate? If so I don't think they make the stainless grate in 10' yet only 9.5". I am pretty sure the ceramic grill store will make you a 10" stainless grate if you call or email them.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The mini originally came with a 9.5" porcelain-coated steel grid.  They then upgraded it to 10".  When they came out with the stainless steel (SS) grids this past year, they went back to a 9.5" diameter. That was apparently a mistake, because they've said they're going to start shipping eggs with 10" SS grids, as soon as the stock of the 9.5" SS grids has been depleted.

The Ceramic Grill Store just wants to make sure you are going to get a Woo that will work with your setup. It doesn't make enough business sense for them to create a 9.5" Woo, knowing BGE has plans to go back to a 10" grid in the near future.

Clear as mud?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • gamera06
    Options
    Oh, I got it...

I got a porcelain coated grid... So definitively an old mini with 9.5" setup. European distributor says they only got 9.5" minis and BGE says they should have 10" grilles... :-?