Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Transport Egg to contest

fyrpitfyrpit Posts: 24
edited September 2011 in Off Topic
Anyone load up their egg and take to a contest? 

I have a Large BGE and competing in two weeks.  I have my egg in a large table as well.

Looking for some ideas on how to transport the pride and joy to the big event..

Thanks for all the help and knowledge here on the site. What a great group of people!

Todd
www.smokinfyrpit.com
https://www.facebook.com/SmokinFyrPit
pitmaster@smokinfyrpit.com
Dragon Breath Lump Charcoal Dealer
XL Big Green Egg & Large Big Green Egg
Rebel 23' Smoker
DigiQ DXII & Cyber Que WIFI
KCBS Member & CBJ

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,391
    When I transport my large I loosen the top band and remove the lid leaving the band on the bottom with the white nylon spring lock installed.  I remove the guts from the bottom, load in my truck and put the firebox etc. back in.  I lay the lid flat on the truck bed, toss in the nest and away I go.  I have one large in a table and one in a nest.  If it were me I would pick up a nest and a folding table for comps.  Way easier than moving an egg table.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE