Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Forum List vs. Egghead forum

ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
I don't understand the difference between the "Forum List" and the "Egghead forum"?
It seems people are posting equally to both of the "general" areas??
Packerland, Wisconsin

Comments

• This new forum thing sucks. Haven't been on for awhile. I hate this.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    @Choke,  I think the intend was for the "Forum List" to be a Header of sorts with the different Forums listed underneath, but the "vanilla" software allows people to post new discussions and comments under the "Forum List" as though it were a category.

Same for the "Cookbook".  I have noted on several discussions and comments that this was set up allowing new discussions like "How many racks of RIbs...." to be started under the Cookbook - Pork category.  All I can see is that down the road one will have a heck of a time looking up a recipe in the Cookbook when it's mixed up with other discussions.

The administrators have done a good job addressing some of the other issues, but this one may be an unavoidable glitch in the software....
  • ChrisCChrisC Posts: 107

A good starting point would be dropping this poor excuse of a forum and bringing the old one back.  They are losing folks at a pretty rapid rate...

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    @chrisc the 'old forum' is still out there as an independent. rules prohibit naming them here but you can find it if you look through the posts or email me.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241