Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a few thoughts.... and Masswineguy?

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
first and for most MassWineGuy, I am not sure who you are or what I did to you  to deserve that response from you directed to me that way. I have spent most of my day thinking this over and will let it go as I am at a loss.  But I am sorry your day is such that you needed to vent to me that way. My first though was wow my fav kind of guy if he has Wine in his handle.....
I think some work has gone into this place and they will continue to work on it and improve and change it to try to fit what the users want. I do agree a preview test site might have been the better way to go. but the person in charge thought they were ready. Nothing will please everybody and I think we all can agree on that. There are a lot of knee jerk responses and flair up but I hope that it all settles and this becomes to many what it has been to me the last 8-9 years. a great place to make friends first and to see some great cooks second and the learn some too. there are a lot of people that did not make the change last time and they were sorely missed and still talked about. this is just another cycle in the world of egging and it is about to repeat itself here with the new forum. thank you to Brenda and WPB and all the others that worked to make the last forum what it was. as many are seeing it is not an easy job (wink)
But I think everyone needs to sit back and let things settle and work though and then maybe see what we are left with. I am sure their email box is a tad full and they are feeling a bit over whelmed. this is not the first day of kindergarten but a group of adults and this is not brain surgery but a cooking forum.
Julie Mattison, MainEgg,
"The Verona Island, Maine, Big Green Egg Adoption/Rescue
Agency & Home for Wayward Hookers, Inc."

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Julie,
    I saw that terrible post and wanted to email ya through the forum but can no longer do that. Remarks like that are totally uncalled for.  You are handling it as best ya can.

The forum is new and I like most am missing the old one but will wait to see if changes are made as they find out what is and isn't liked.  We can only hope for the best.  I hope we hear from them soon as to if any changes are coming or being planned.

Take care Mrs Julie and keep an eye on dem der Hookers.  (Big Smile)

Regards,
    Bordello
    Hooker lover
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Julie,

You ROCK, lady! forget the mASSHOLE (wink)

• Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Julie... I think everyone was astonished at his comment.  You are a better person than he is and you showed your character by not striking back. :)
  • Julie, A clink of the snifter glass for such a classy response
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Julie, don't give the WhineGuy another thought....we'll be happy to meet him at any Eggfest and show him how we take care of our own, especially the ladies!

Brad
    Formerly Known As....AustinSmoker......;)
  • Wilco76
    Wilco76 Posts: 18
    MainEgg- Nice of you not to get bent out of shape over some jerk. I am glad that the forum is faster for sure but not sold on everything. If anything, this is a good start to make something great! At least everybody knows BGE Co is serious about the forum and ready to make it better. I have offered some other suggestions in some other posts but not to lose focus on my original point...thanks for reminding us what 'class' really is...
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006

Didn't see the comment, but if someone was speaking badly of you, then they are an idiot.  I hate the new forum but want to give it a chance as well.  Hopefully other helpful and experienced eggers like yourself will find a place here, and we won't end up with a split.

Chris

• OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    You know I am an IT guy at a large company and everytime we have a software upgrade it is just awful. Never is easy people always get pissed off because of change. You know what though they grow to love the changes until it is time to change again. Then I have to go threw it all over again!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

Julie...you are the best of the best... ;)

Masswineguy...you have a lot to learn...

[-X
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    but you usually have some sort of UAT testing before release!  And based on threads I've seen of known issues from 2 days of use, it should not have been put into production.  Too many bugs and issues.  Also there is some basic functionality missing that would have eased some of the pain.  A mark for those posts containing pictures, and FAQ for known bugs in production, the ability to see the original poster not just the most recent poster in the thread etc.... 
  • OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    No matter how much time you spend testing once you put it out on a large scale ALWAYS have BUGS. You just have to fix them one by one. Until you have them all worked out. You know how you have a project at home and you go to homedepot and get what you need. You start working and something you didn't consider pops up and back to homedopot you go. Same kinda thing! 
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yep, people need to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard... :)