Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fa's Thai Chicken WIngs

Options
ThailandBBQ
ThailandBBQ Posts: 51
edited November -1 in Poultry

Ingredients

24 Chicken Wings

Lemongrass (4-5 two inch slices from stalk, cut diagonally)

Garlic 10-12 large cloves

Coriander 3-4 roots/stems, no leaves

White Peppercorns (season to taste, but at least 2 TBSP)

Soy Sauce (4-5 TBSP or to taste)

Palm (Thai) Sugar

Sugar

Salt

Instructions

Using a mortal and pestel (I am not sure why but grinding in a food processor just isn't as good, I think the peppercorns become too fine) pound the peppercorns, garlic, both sugars, soy sauce, and coriander roots until blended or your arm is tired. You can add in salt to taste, usually not needed depending on the salt content from the soy sauce.

Throw the wings in a ziplock with the sauce and shake it up, refrigerate at least 12 hours, 18-24 is better.

Grill as usual, on the Egg I am sure it wouldn't matter but if using a gas grill you might want to shake some of the lemongrass off the wings before cooking, the lemongrass drops through the grid and leaves it a little messy.

This is my first attempt at posting a recipe so if anyone has questions just let me know, this is pretty simple and makes for a great wing.

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: 10 minutes